RCV Assessor Nov 2005
|Candidate||Pass 1||Pass 2||Pre-RCV||Difference|
|PHIL TING||(Winner 58.133%)||94062||110053||92729||1333|
To understand the difference between the Pre-RCV and RCV vote totals,
- A number of undervotes reported were, in fact, advanceable ballots (Difference column)
- The RCV algorithm advances those ballots and sums them in Pass1.
- he candidate(s) with the lowest vote total is selected for elimination (indicated with an asterisk * )
The number of Eligible Ballots (for Pass 1) is:
- The number of ballots with a mark for a candidate in the 1st choice, plus those whose marks were advanced.
The number of Exhausted Ballots is:
- The number of undervotes minus the number of advanced ballots, plus the number of overvotes (invalid votes for multiple candidates)