Make Changes to Your Registration Record
The deadline to make changes to your registration record is 15 days before an election.
To change your name or political party preference, or to update the signature in your registration record, you must re-register. Visit the Registration Basics page.
Update Your Registration
The following changes to your voter registration record can be made by submitting a Registration Update Form. Print, sign, and return the form to the Department of Elections either by mail, by fax to (415) 554-4372, or as a scanned email attachment to SFVote@sfgov.org.
- Change San Francisco residential address
- Add or change mailing address
- Remove mailing address and receive mail at your residential address
- Add, update, or remove telephone number
- Add, update, or remove email address
- Add or remove permanent vote-by-mail status
- Request a Voter Notification Card
- Stop or resume mailing of your local Voter Information Pamphlet and Sample Ballot
- Stop or resume mailing of your state Voter Information Guide
- Submit your language preference to receive translated election materials
Cancel Your Registration
To cancel your San Francisco voter registration, complete the Request to Cancel Voter Registration.