Department of Elections
NEW SUPERVISORIAL DISTRICT LINES IN THE NOVEMBER 8, 2022 ELECTION
San Francisco will begin using a new Supervisorial district map in the November 8, 2022 Election, as a result of recent redistricting. To familiarize themselves with changes, San Franciscans are invited to:
- Use the District Lookup Tool to compare their “old” voting districts to their “new” 2022 voting districts.
- Visit the New 2022 Voting Districts and Precincts page to review new maps and find answers to frequently asked questions.
- Watch a that explains recent state and local redistricting processes. presentation
- Review the Voter Information Pamphlet (mailed in early October) for information about their voting districts, precinct, and polling place assignment.
- Contact the Department of Elections with specific questions.
Topics in Focus
In October, all voters will be mailed ballots for the November 8 election. Learn how to track and return your vote-by-mail ballot.
Use this tool to look up your assigned polling place, get directions to your polling place or the Voting Center, and check reported wait times.
Explore registration options for voters with special circumstances, such as voters with no fixed address and voters with criminal convictions.
Voters will use RCV to elect local officials in the November 8 election. Practice marking an RCV contest and learn how votes are counted.
Any voter may return their ballot to any of the City’s 34 drop boxes, open 24/7, beginning October 10. Find out a location most convenient for you.
Review your registration, track your ballot, stop/resume the mailing of your voter information pamphlet, submit your language preference for election materials, and more!
Latest Press Releases
The Department of Elections Certifies Results for the November 8, 2022 Consolidated General Election
SAN FRANCISCO, Thursday, December 1, 2022 – Today, San Francisco Department of Elections Director John Arntz certified local results for the November 8, 2022 Consolidated General Election.
The Department of Elections Releases Preliminary Results Report #15 and Ballot Counting Update for the November 8, 2022 Consolidated General Election
SAN FRANCISCO, Tuesday, November 29, 2022 – Today, the Department of Elections issued the 15th preliminary election results reports of votes cast in the November 8, 2022, Consolidated General Election.
Get in Touch with the Department
1 Dr Carlton B. Goodlett Place
City Hall, Room 48
San Francisco, CA 94102
Hours: Monday – Friday
8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Phone: (415) 554-4375
Fax: (415) 554-7344
TTY: (415) 554-4386