Vote at a Voting Center - On or Before Election Day
For the November 5, 2019 election, the Department will open two early voting locations:
- The City Hall Voting Center: opens October 7
- San Francisco State University (SFSU) Voting Center opens November 2
Stop by a Voting Center on or before Election Day to request a ballot, register to vote, drop off your vote-by-mail ballot, or get a replacement ballot (hours and location below).
The Ballots and voter assistance in English, Chinese, Spanish, and Filipino, and facsimile ballots in Vietnamese, and Korean, are available at both Voting Centers. Interpreting services can also be provided in hundreds of languages. Voters may request a paper ballot or use an accessible ballot-marking device. Various accessibility tools are also offered to help voter cast their ballot privately and independently.
Missed the registration deadline? San Francisco residents who are eligible to vote can visit either Voting Center to complete the conditional voter registration process and vote a provisional ballot.
City Hall Voting Center
The City Hall Voting Center opens 29 days before Election Day. Hours are as follows:
- Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (closed Monday, October 14 in observance of Indigenous Peoples’ Day)
- Saturday and Sunday, two weekends before Election Day, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. (enter on Grove Street)
- Tuesday, Election Day, 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
San Francisco State University Voting Center
The San Francisco State University (SFSU) Voting Center opens three days before Election Day. Hours are as follows:
- Saturday and Sunday, November 2-3, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Monday, November 4, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 5 (Election Day), 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Authorize Someone to Pick up Your Ballot at a Voting Center
Beginning October 7, you may authorize a spouse, child, parent, grandparent, grandchild, sibling, or a person residing in the same household as you to pick up your ballot from a Voting Center and deliver it to you by completing a Ballot Pick-Up and Delivery Authorization Form (PDF)
To pick up your ballot, the authorized person must bring the completed form to either the City Hall Voting Center or the San Francisco State University (SFSU) Voting Center during voting hours.
If you need additional assistance to receive your ballot, contact us through our contact form or call (415) 554-4375.